Ads Area

Apply RDP Houses Online Applications From 2024


View all information about Apply for RDP housing subsidy on this page and get in touch to let us know how we can help.


Residents of Gauteng can apply for housing subsidy provided by government through services such as Breaking New Ground (BNG) which was previously known as the Reconstruction and Development Programme (RDP).

​This applies to new applications and the checking of application status.

Who can apply?

South African citizens and permanent residents who earn between R0 to R3 501.

RDP stands for Reconstruction and Development Programme, a South African government initiative that provides subsidized housing. Here’s what you need to know about the application process:


  • South African citizen
  • Over 18 and legally capable of signing contracts
  • Meet income requirements (usually below R3500 per month)
  • First-time homeowner or government subsidy recipient

Documents Required:

  • ID documents (yours and spouse’s if applicable)
  • Birth certificates (children’s)
  • Proof of income (payslips etc.)

How to Apply:

  1. Visit your local municipality or provincial Department of Human Settlements office.
  2. Inquire about the application process and eligibility requirements. Some provinces may have online applications.
  3. Collect an application form and fill it out completely.
  4. Submit the application form along with required documents.

Important Notes:

  • There may be a waiting list for RDP housing.
  • The application process is free of charge.
  • Each municipality has its own waiting list and development schedule.

Here are some resources that may be helpful:

  • Department of Human Settlements FAQ: [South African department of human settlements faq ON Department of Human Settlements (]
  • Gauteng Provincial Government – Apply for RDP housing subsidy: [Gauteng RDP application ON Gauteng Provincial Government]

How to apply?


To apply for a government housing subsidy, visit a regional office in your area with your spouse/partner (if applicable) the following original documents and certified copies:

  • South African Green Identity Document
  • Birth Certificates or South African Identity Document of financial dependents
  • For deceased spouse – Death Certificate
  • Spouse’s South African Identity Document if married
  • Marriage Certificate (if married)
  • Ceritificate of customary marriage issued by the Department of Home Affairs
  • Divorce Decree if divorced
  • Payslip if working or letter employment where payslip are not issued
  • Proof of Disability from Registered Medical Practitioner


RDP Subsidy leaflet

For more information about our services, email

Check application status

Submit application

More infor Here


Johannesburg : West Rand Region 011 662 8328 / 8350

Pretoria : West Rand Region 011 662 8328 / 8350

Johannesburg : Sedibeng Region 016 360 7725

Pretoria : Sedibeng Region 016 360 7725

Johannesburg : Sedibeng Central Region 016 440 1255 / 1278

Pretoria : Sedibeng Central Region 016 440 1255 / 1278

Johannesburg : Tshwane Region 012 303 3380 / 3363

Pretoria : Tshwane Region 012 303 3380 / 3363

Johannesburg : Ekurhuleni Region 011 861 3071 / 3070 / 3063